2011-01-18

Chromium, Tab completion

So I'm typing out the first few letters of a URL into the Chromium Omnibox (that box for addresses and search strings), and Chromium happily auto-completes it for me. Cool, now I can get to reader.google.com just by typing 'r'!

Except not - conditioned bash user that I am, my subconscious sometimes expects Tab-completion - so I hit TAB before I hit Enter. Suddenly I'm at some other website, Tab has changed the focus to the first link on the page contents. Gah!

When I started writing this post, I hadn't quite figured that out -- but Tab to change focus is perfectly normal UI behaviour. Still, it's pretty aggravating; not that I can see a way around it, since using Tab to iterate through the links on a page is pretty useful (say, when you have no access to a mouse). Oh well ...

No comments:

Post a Comment